CUISINE AND WINE
Enjoying food and wine is such an important part of your stay with us.
We craft each meal using the freshest New Zealand produce we can source or grow, showing why New Zealand is famous for its beef, lamb, seafood, fruit and vegetables. Our very own Lodge vegetable garden supplies us with wonderful fresh organic produce for much of the year. The warm summer climate ensures the herb garden also plays its part and a small young recently planted orchard will soon provide fruit for the Lodge.
We also have a small but attractive wine cellar well-stocked with a selection of award winning wines from Central Otago, NZ and Australia. While hosting you for an evening meal is a lovely part of “our experience with you”, we do realize that only 10 minutes’ drive away are the many superb restaurants of Queenstown and Arrowtown. We’d be happy to recommend some of our favourites and make reservations so that you don’t miss out.
Both continental and cooked breakfasts are available (and included in our rates), along with coffee, tea and fruit juices. Breakfast can be served in the dining room, alfresco or in your room.
Dinner & Lunches
- A menu selection, available by prior arrangement, is available for lunch and dinner;
- Dinner consists of 3 courses and can be served in the dining area or alfresco at a cost $80 pp;
- We can also offer 2 courses for $60 pp, or, if you have a special request, we will be only too happy to discuss these with you;
- We’re also happy to accommodate any special dietary requirements;
- We also offer a “family comfort food” option;
- During summer, we can offer a New Zealand barbecue / grill which includes main, salads and desert; and a picnic lunch is also available on request, along with directions to some fantastic local spots to enjoy lunch.
An evening platter is available on request for $35 per person;
Dining Options – include contemporary New Zealand cuisine, International or “good old favourites”.